Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

San Jose Armed Robbery ends in East Palo Alto



"San Jose police prepare to enter a house in East Palo Alto on Tuesday. Two suspects robbed a San Jose liquor store earlier that day and fled to East Palo Alto. San Jose police, along with East Palo Alto and other departments, searched for the suspects, who are at large."

Another day another robbery... at least no one was hurt...



I was on my way to my sports assignment when I looked down to my cell phone and noticed that I had a voicemail.



Funny I thought... It didn't event show that I had a missed call. I checked my message and hear that I need to make my way to East Palo Alto to photograph something because there was a lot of police out there. I was puzzled since the message was not very clear on what was really needed. I called my editor and started my way out there. It took a good 30 min from one city over due to heavy traffic and road blocks...

As I was trying to make my way through road blocks I decided to park and try a different approach... the "acting stupid" approach. It seemed to work even though I was booted out a bunch of times for crossing lines and such. I FINALLY, after several attempts to get a few photos had a good enough angle to get what you see here.

If you are interested in reading more about the story follow this link:


http://paloaltodailynews.com/article/2008-10-8-epa-car-chase


This article was also featured in the Mercury News.

No comments:

Become a fan on Facebook!