Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where there is a will there is a way...



"Palo Alto police officers and the corners office investigate the scene where 35-year-old David Hahn, of Palo Alto, was found deceased on Tuesday afternoon in Palo Alto."


The last thing I want to see during the day is a dead body, but I have a job to do. I got a call about some one found dead in Palo Alto today and they wanted me to go photograph it. I get on scene and there are bushes all over and no way to see whats going on. Now what should I do I asked my self... I can't see the police, I can't get and interesting angle from down here.

I then saw an apartment with roof access and made my way up the stairs. I get to the top and it was locked. I then made my way down and knocked on a door... and lucky me with the first try the couple had let me in their apartment and allowed me to shoot down to the scene.

Never be discouraged to ask and to push to get what you need because where there is a will there is a way...

6 comments:

David Hahn said...

Wow, you had the will and fortitude to knock on somebody's door. You truly are leading the way for all journalist and photographers.


David Hahn

Konstandinos Goumenidis said...

Crazy when some one has the same name as you.

David Hahn said...

Yeah. What happened to THAT David Hahn. Could you tell?

Konstandinos Goumenidis said...

They just released the story

http://paloaltodailynews.com/article/2008-9-17-09-17-08-pa-hahn

Unknown said...

We buried David earlier today. He was an amazing spirit.

Konstandinos Goumenidis said...

I hear a lot of good things about Dave. Thank you for posting. I hope he goes to a better place and from the looks of it he will never be forgotten!

Become a fan on Facebook!