Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

When disaster strikes



Oh My God... today was just a disaster but was able to bring it together by the end of the night.



Now when you work for a newspaper you have deadlines that you need to meet. When you have a card with photos that do not read is not a good thing either.



I tried my laptop, I tried various computers in the office and the flash card would just not reed. So what can I do... usually you can read the card and if its corrupted you can extract files.

I thought to my self that I can still see the photos in my screen of my camera when you play back the photos. I grabbed the USB cable and made a connection between my lap top and camera. When the first try did not work I thought I was going to die. My managing editor exited her office getting ready to go and she looked over at me and asked if I was ok, mind you not... the never has asked me about my well being or anything in those lines. I turned and told her the bad news and she was in shock. Now she know im not a slacker and im not trying to pull a fast one so she collected herself and wished me luck. THANK YOU! because it worked. I turned the camera back on for a second attempt to load the images and it worked. I pulled a few files off the camera and quickly turned them in to meet deadline.

No comments:

Become a fan on Facebook!